Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) list
- Antique Chinese Furniture ( < 1906)
- Each piece in our inventory listed as Antique is selected for its beauty, cultural value and uniqueness by our qualified buyers on their bi-annual trips to the remotest provinces of China. These pieces, mainly from the 19th and early 20th centuries*, are carefully restored to bring them a new lease on life while preserving their natural antique flavour.
Because these pieces are unique, all of them can be subject to prior sale. To avoid disappointment, please ask us about their availability before placing an order.
*18th century pieces are now considered as cultural relics [back to FAQs]
- Classic Chinese Furniture ( > 1906)
- Pieces listed as Classic in our inventory are reproductions of antique designs essentially from China’s Ming dynasty. This new, classic looking furniture is made by craftsmen using skills and traditional construction methods that have been passed down through generations. Even if not unique, these pieces, because they are still handmade, might slightly differ from the pictures displayed in our online catalogue. On request our staff will be pleased to send you additional pictures of the pieces actually available. [back to FAQs]
- Can’t find what you are looking for?
- Maybe you have your heart set on a specific piece, antique or classic, that you don’t see in our catalogue. Send us a description of what you are looking for and we’ll e-mail you photos of items not shown on our site that might be a better fit! To help us, let us know the ID number of products similar to those that interest you. [back to FAQs]
- How to buy
- All pieces listed as "Gift Idea" are available online. These items can be purchased by clicking the "Add to Cart" button on the item page.
If you would like to purchase other items from our collection, please e-mail our staff to confirm the availability and to complete your order.
You can do this by clicking the "Contact us about this product" button on the item page. [back to FAQs]
- If not displayed in the description file, please click the "Price" button and send the generated email. Our sales staff will send you a quotation.
You might also specify you location to get detailed information about the different shipping options available. [back to top]
- Currently we do not differentiate between payments received from various tax regimes within the EU. The Luxembourg VAT rate (15%) for all transactions is already included in all mentioned prices. [back to FAQs]
- Payment Methods
- For e-mail, fax or phone orders we accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express. Once your order is confirmed, the billing transaction will take place the same day the items are shipped to you.
"Shopping cart" orders can be paid with all major credit cards, debit cards and currencies via Paypal´s industry-leading fraud-prevention shopping cart. [back to FAQs]
- Shipping & Delivery
- Once you have contacted us and made a selection, we will ship your choice out worldwide as soon as possible. For small items shipped via UPS, TNT or DHL, this will usually be within 2 working days.
For larger items that require crating, it may take up to a week before the item leaves our warehouse in Luxembourg. [back to FAQs]
- Shipping Rates
- Depending on how soon you need the items, you can choose from several shipping options, with varying costs and delivery schedules. Please inquire by telephone, e-mail or use the "Contact us about this product" button for more detailed information about the different shipping options available.
Of course, if you so wish you can collect the purchases yourself; this would give us the opportunity to meet you and to show you around our display rooms. [back to FAQs]
- Once you place an order at China Collection, we check to see that the piece is available to the specifications you require and verify all of your shipping information. This process takes approximately 48 hours. Your order is then forwarded to our distribution centre. If we are able to cancel your order before it is shipped, there is not a charge for the cancellation. [back to FAQs]
- Returns & Replacements *
- If for any reason you are unhappy with your furniture, simply inform us within 5 working days of the item being delivered and we will arrange for it to be picked up and returned to us. Upon receipt of the return, a full refund of the purchase price will be sent (return shipping charges are not refundable). All that we ask is that you return the item suitably packaged in original condition.
* only for e-mail, fax or phone orders [back to FAQs]
- Privacy & Security
- We automatically collect general website traffic information (such as how many people have visited the site, most popular pages etc). This information is collected into aggregate results in order to evaluate our service and business practice in an effort to provide you with an optimum shopping service. [back to FAQs]
- Press Information
- If you would like to use any of our images in your publication please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org [back to FAQs]
- All prices quoted are in EUROS and include the Luxembourg VAT rate (15%); items and prices are subject to availability and subject to change without notice. No liability is assumed for typographical errors. Exact items may not be available as shown and sizes may not be exactly as described. China Collection has an extensive and constantly changing inventory of antiques featured on this website and in our warehouse. All items can be subject to prior sale. For more detailed and accurate information about a particular item in our collection, please use the "Contact us about this product" form. [back to FAQs]